The Missouri Professional Auctioneer’s Association promotes the auction method of marketing through professional and ethical auctioneering practices.
We encourage new auctioneers to enhance skills, knowledge, and professionalism. We provide the opportunity for experienced auctioneers to continue with education and encourage cooperation among our members.
We strive for excellence for our customers, whether they are buying or selling.
To improve the education and training of auctioneers throughout the state.
To promote legislation beneficial to the auctioneering profession.
To provide a forum for the auctioneers in the state to air their concerns.
To promote conventions that features a “family approach” with something of interest for everyone.
The MPAA holds a winter conference each year; typically the first weekend in March. A mid-summer get together is held the second week of August. These two events provide educational opportunities for new and experienced auctioneers alike. The advertising competition held at the conventions allows auctioneers to be recognized for their creativity and professional image. Members look forward to the fun auction. Proceeds are used to reduce convention costs and support legislation.
The associations publication “The Missouri Auctioneer”, published quarterly, features many informative articles relating to current issues, trends in the business, news about members, and legislative matters.
The benefits of a Missouri Professional Auctioneers Association membership are great.
Through a MPAA membership you will have opportunities to:
- Network with other individuals and businesses through educational conventions, meetings and business-related recreational activities.
- Work with other dedicated auctioneers striving to enhance the auction method of marketing on all levels of business.
- Improve education and training opportunities for auctioneers throughout the state.
- Have worldwide exposure with your listing in the MPAA online membership directory.
- Plus many more. Learn more by contacting a MPAA officer, board member, member, or browsing through our web site.
Decided to join now?
Please send completed application to:MPAA Diane Riley – Executive Director 5403 St. Louis Rock Road Villa Ridge, MO 63089